Best Breast Pump Brands in 2023
Philips is one of the best breast pump brands that has been around for many years. Putting innovation at the center of its mission to improve people's well-being, Phillips has a breast pump for everyone. There are manual and electric breast pumps in the Phillips Avent range that can be further classified into single and double breast pumps. Backed by research and innovation, Phillips has breast shields that have a special design that provides added cushioning. The breast shield also acts like a massager for stimulation of your breasts. Moreover, all the materials that are used to make your breast pump are gentle on the skin and help with a better letdown.
Price Range: $35 To $270
Whether you want to start breastfeeding immediately after birth, after 6 weeks, or just occasionally, Medela has a breast pump for you. According to your requirements, you can choose a manual breast pump, an electric breast pump, or even a Medela Silicone Breast Milk Collector. Medela breast pumps help you express more breast milk in less time with the help of their two-phase technique, which simulates a baby's natural sucking. Additionally, you get the PersonalFit Flex™ breast shield for enhanced comfort. Being the most trustworthy breast pump manufacturer, Medela received the Consumer's Choice award for the best breast pumps of 2020 for all Medela breast pumps.
Price Range: $31 to $2225
This is a women-led business that is made for moms by moms and is one of the best-quality breast pump brands out there. Its natural nursing technology combines gentle vibration with soothing suckling action to stimulate healthy milk production. Spectra also brings you the top most quality breast pumps that make your breastfeeding journey pleasant. It has also won multiple awards, like the Best Electric Breast Pump at the Ovia Family Awards, and much more. The breast pumps come with a 90-day limited manufacturer’s parts warranty and a 2-year limited manufacturer’s pump warranty.
Price Range: $29 to $325
[Related - Best Spectra Breast Pumps with Buying Guide]
Hakaa strives for a healthy baby and a healthy planet by emphasizing on natural and environment-friendly product offerings. It strives to bring to you breast pumps that are non-toxic for optimum safety. The 100% food-grade silicone breast pumps have efficient functionality while remaining stylish. In the words of an expert, Hakaa breast pumps aid in your breastfeeding journey by helping your baby latch, collets milk from both breasts, and helps your supplement too. You can choose from the basic Ladybug milk collector and three generations of manual breast pumps. Each of them is a single-component pump and can fit different breast sizes. Lastly, this breast pump is BPA, PVC, and phthalate free.
Price Range: $12 to $55
Elvie is a UK-based company that is on a mission to equip women with smart and efficient breast pumps to help them enjoy every phase of their motherhood. You can opt for the electric Elvie Pump, the manual Elvie Curve or the hospital-grade Elvie Stride pumps. This breast pump can also be connected to your smartphone app to monitor activity like milk volume, and record previous pumping sessions. You also get an option to avail tailored coaching and assistance through the app. Their manual and electric breast pumps have a unique slim design that can fit inside your nursing bra, making it convenient to use outdoors. It also features the Piezo pump that makes suction completely discreet. Furthermore, the breast pumps are simple to clean and come with two different sizes of breast shields, with a third size available for purchase separately.
Price Range: $221 to $300
This breast pump brand is efficient and sustainable for mothers worldwide. Their products are supported by research and professional opinions. You get the ComfortFit flanges that are soft and have a unique cushioned rim that hugs your breast without any hassles. Its 2 phase technology makes it easier to manage while expressing and having a letdown. Your pumping journey is supported by the manual breast pump that is BPA and BPS-free and has an ergonomic handle. Also, they have two models of Lansinoh Smartpumps, which are cordless double electric breast pumps with adjustable settings. Furthermore, there is an app with practical features like a built-in guide, a tracker for pumping sessions, an input field for breast milk volume, and much more. The platinum category of the Loved By Parents 2021 awards for Best Electric Breast Pump and Most Innovative Breast Pump has also recognized this innovative breast pump.
Price Range: $12 to $161
Things To Consider While Buying Breast PumpsBreast pumps provide moms with many benefits. However, selecting among the popular breast pump brands may be confusing. Here are a few important factors that you can keep in mind before making a decision:
- Type: You can use a manual breast pump occasionally or an electric breast pump for hands-free pumping regularly. This is determined by your lifestyle and your child's needs. It is also possible to speed up the pumping process by using a double electric breast pump. Additionally, battery and USB-powered breast pumps, along with silicone breast pumps are available for increased portability.
- Features: After selecting the type whether electric or manual, it is a good idea to look into the features. These features will help you considerably on your breast feeding journey making sure you get the most of the breast pumps efficacy and comfort levels. You can look into the weight, shape, portability, set up time, suction, and noise levels.
- Milk Storage Quantity: Breast pumps are made up of several parts, including the breast milk collection container, and can be of various sizes. Breast pumps come in different capacities based on their serving size of oz/ml, based on your requirement you can buy a large or small milk storage container.
- Cost: Depending on your needs you will get multiple options of breast pumps to choose from. For those moms who indent to use breast pumps occasionally, getting a low to moderately priced breast pump is fine. For those who will be buying a breast pump outside their health insurance limitations, you may want to consider one that fits your budget.
- Warranty: This provides you with extra peace of mind, knowing that you won’t have to bear any losses if the device breaks down.
Breastfeeding is a daunting task that requires time, energy and careful planning. Breast pumps turn out to be a very supportive companion for moms on their breastfeeding journey. Hence, selecting a good one from the above mentioned brands will ensure you are comfortable. Their high quality standards help putting your fears of investing in a breast pump away. Now that you know all about the best breast pump brands, you can begin your breastfeeding journey with confidence.