Are sunglasses safe for babies?We cannot stress how important it is to protect your baby’s eyes. As babies are still growing, their eyes aren’t compatible with being exposed to direct sunlight. The incoming UV rays from the sun can cause long-term damage to a baby's eyesight. If exposed for a longer period of time, it might lead to cataract issues and even damage to the cornea or retina. Even minor vision damage can impair your baby's vision as they grow. Hence, using sunglasses is not only safe but also a necessity to protect your baby’s eyes. So here’s a list of stylish baby sunglasses for sunny and bright days!
Top Rated Baby Sunglasses in India
1. Best in Babygirl Sunglasses: ELEGANTE UV Protected Cute Cat Tie Girls Sunglasses
Are you sick and tired of sunglasses with boring designs? Say no more! These sunglasses by ELEGANTE have an adorable cat design that is a perfect match for small babygirls. These shades will provide complete UV protection and are made of high-quality, durable material that is safe for kids. This pack of two sunglasses can be worn outdoors with casual baby outfits. Your little girl will look nothing less than an angel with these shades on.
Dimensions: 12.5 x 12.5 x 5 cm; 20 Grams
Suitable: 4 years and above
Pros: High quality, lightweight.
2. Best for Sun Protection: ROZIOR Kids Unisex Sunglasses
There’s nothing better than a pair of stylish kids’ sunglasses that will make them look cool. These shades do not compromise when it comes to sun protection and quality. It provides complete eye protection from UVA, UVB, and dangerous blue lights. With its anti-slip design, there’s no scope for eye discomfort or irritation. It is made of high-quality material that won’t break easily and is durable in the long run. What’s better is that this product comes with a warranty card which guarantees its durability and authenticity. Along with this, it has a standard size suitable for babies and toddlers and a soft nose pad. Lastly, it remains suitable for both girls and boys with its unisex design.
Dimensions: 18.2 x 8.3 x 6.2 cm; 100 Grams
Pros: UV 400 protection, lightweight, unisex design
3. Best in Gradient Lens: Amour Rectangular Sunglasses for Girls
Looking for cute babygirl sunglasses? These shades by Amour must be on your wishlist. What makes them stand out is their adorable design with a mini bow on top. These are better suited for birthday parties with a pink gown, and their beautiful packaging makes them an ideal gift too. Your little girl will feel comfortable with these shades, as they are made of high-quality plastic material. In addition to their beautiful design, the glasses are in gradient shades of purple. These glasses provide kids with better visual and contrast clarity while reducing direct reflections. Lastly, it minimises glares and reflections and comes in a case to keep it protected.
Dimensions: 20 x 10 x 10 cm; 100 Grams
Suitable: 4 years and above
Pros: Lightweight, durable and easy to clean.
Cons: Colour may differ from photos.
4. Best in Beach Sunglasses: SYGA Kids Modern Goggles
Beach days can be fun with SYGA’s baby beach sunglasses. These glasses are versatile; they can be worn at beaches, while shopping, or on any casual day out. It is a one-time investment as it is made of high-quality AC material that is durable and unbreakable too. Additionally, it has a quirky, one-of-a-kind design that your children will undoubtedly enjoy. They will be shielded from harmful sun rays thanks to its UV 400 protection lenses. These sunglasses will make playing in the sun safe and exciting for your babies.
Dimensions: 13.5 x 15.5 x 7.2 cm; 23 Grams
Suitable: 3 to 8 years
Pros: Lightweight, UV protection, glare reduction
5. Best in Baby Boy Goggles: Alvia Spider Man Wrap Around Boys Sunglasses
Looking for a pair of sunglasses that will last long? Say no more! These baby sunglasses are made of high-quality material with a flexible and sturdy frame. It can be used in everyday life, irrespective of the climate or weather. From parties to casual outings, these glasses will suit every occasion. With its modern and minimalist design, it goes well with any outfit and makes a stylish accessory for your baby. Lastly, it is beautifully packaged and an ideal gift for kids.
Dimensions: 12 x 12 x 6 cm; 100 Grams
Suitable: 2 to 5 years
Pros: Good packaging, high-quality, durable.
6. Best for Durability: JUSLINK Baby Sunglasses with Strap
This product has a compact and simple design, with complete sun protection. It will undoubtedly protect your baby’s eyes with its lenses that block direct sunlight. As it has a simple design with neutral colour, it can go well with any baby outfit. These baby sunglasses are made of high-quality material that makes them durable enough for rough use. Its flexibility makes it easy to use and fold. As babies are playful, they move a lot, and therefore, it comes with a strap to make sure it doesn’t fall off easily.
Dimensions: 11.1 x 4.5 x 2.59 cm; 9 Grams
Suitable: 0 to 4 years
Pros: Comes with a strap, sturdy material, flexible.
Cons: Not budget friendly.
7. Best in Stylish Baby Sunglasses: ELEGANTE UV Protected Baby Round Sunglasses
Looking for all-in-one baby sunglasses? This product is manufactured with fine-quality material that is strong enough to be used daily. This pair of stylish baby sunglasses is designed in a round shape with a solid colour that will make kids and babies look fashionable. Along with being stylish, it is UV tested with UV 400 protection and will shield your babies from harmful UV rays. It will make your little one stand out with its atypical round shape.
Dimensions: 12.5 x 12.8 x 5 cm; 10 Grams
Suitable: 3 years and above
Pros: Beautiful packaging, lightweight
8. Best for Gifting: DC DECORIO Rainbow Designed Round Sunglasses
These unicorn-style sunglasses are the perfect birthday gift for babies and kids. It has a funky and cute design that stands out from other baby sunglasses. With its pink-coloured frames and colourful rainbow on top, there is no doubt that your little ones will look extremely charming. These glasses block the incoming harmful sun rays with their UV 400 protection and avoid eye contact with UVB, UVA, UVC, and other harmful blue lights. They remain versatile as they can be worn with formal and party wear too.
Dimensions:10 x 5 x 2 cm; 100 Grams
Suitable: 3 to 10 years
Pros: Sun protection, coloured frames and comes with a case.
9. Best in Shatter-Resistant: DeBuff Heart Shape Polarized Sunglasses
If your little ones are really playful and clumsy, these sunglasses are the perfect match for them. These polarised baby sunglasses by DeBuff are safe and will fit perfectly without causing any discomfort to the eyes. Your baby will love these glasses because of the cool style and vibrant colour options. Its key feature is that it comes with polarised lenses that provide 100% UVA and UVB protection. With its neoprene elastic strap arms, kids will find it extremely easy to wear and comfortable on the eyes. Lastly, they can enjoy carefree playtime as these glasses are made of a shatter-resistant polycarbonate frame that won’t break easily.
Dimensions: 1.27 x 0.76 x 0.76 cm; 19 Grams
Suitable: 0 to 2 years
Pros: Available in different colours, high-quality silicone material
Cons: Sizing may be an issue.
10. Best in Polarised Sunglasses: Baby Banz Adventure Sunglasses
Nothing beats sunglasses that are sun-protective, safe, and fashionable at the same time. Baby Banz Adventure Sunglasses are undoubtedly a great accessory that will elevate your baby’s style. These baby polarised glasses are made of flexible frames with durable and shatter-resistant lenses. Along with this, it features lenses that provide UVB and UVA protection, which prevent harmful UV rays from entering the lenses. These features also aid in providing children with a clear vision, even when the sun is bright. From being stylish to being safe, these glasses are all you need to keep your little ones cool during the summer.
Dimensions: 18.8 x 8.9 x 4.1 cm; 300 Grams
Suitable: 0 to 6 years
Pros: Trendy frame designs, polarised lenses, durable
11. Best in Fashionable Sunglasses: Babiators Blue Series Polarized UV Protection Sunglasses
Kids love it when their sunglasses are modern and stylish. These stylish baby sunglasses have a unique frame design that is minimal yet fashionable. It can be worn during any outdoor activity or even for birthday parties. Its strong and durable AC material makes it suitable in the long run. With its UV-protected lenses that help provide clear vision, summer fun can be both exciting and safe. All of these features make it one of the best baby sunglasses online.
Dimensions: 13.5 x 13 x 5 cm; 18 Grams
Suitable: 3 to 8 years
Pros: Skin-friendly material, scratch-resistant lenses
What To Look For In Baby Sunglasses?Before you buy a pair of baby sunglasses, always look for the following features:
- UV protection: As babies have sensitive eyes that shouldn’t be exposed to direct sunlight, direct exposition may cause damage to their eyes. Therefore, baby sunglasses must provide strong UV protection from the sun's rays and other harmful lights. Purchasing polarised glasses rather than regular glasses is another excellent option.
- Durability: Sunglasses must be made of sturdy and durable material that will last long enough until babies grow up. Sometimes babies can be playful and break their glasses easily. Sunglasses made of durable material will not break and can be used for a longer period of time.
- Comfort: Baby sunglasses must be made of lightweight material that isn’t too heavy for babies. It must have soft nose pads and a firm frame with bridges, too. Polarised glasses will help reduce discomfort and strain on babies eyes by blocking the glare entering the lenses. All of these properties will make sure that your baby feels comfortable while wearing sunglasses for hours.
Types of Sunglasses for babies
- Polarised Sunglasses: There are sunglasses that have polarised lenses. These lenses block the excess sunlight coming through them and reduce the stress on the eyes. These types of sunglasses will undoubtedly come in handy on bright sunny days.
- Non-polarised sunglasses: These have no filtration for the incoming sunlight. These sunglasses do keep your eyes safe, but they cannot block harmful light. These glasses, when compared to polarised ones, aren’t as safe. UV 400-protection sunglasses:
- UV 400 protection sunglasses protect your baby's eyes from harmful UVB and UVA rays. These lights can cause discomfort and damage to their eyesight. UV protection sunglasses come with a black coating that blocks these lights from entering the lenses.
Babies’ eyes are extremely sensitive to sunlight when compared to adult eyes. It is critical that their eyes are always shielded and protected. So it is of utmost importance to buy the best baby sunglasses for your little munchkin. Their tiny eyes need to be cared for and protected so that they can see the best of this world. With the right sunglasses, your kid will be able to play, travel, and participate in other activities without being troubled by the sun. Wondering how to stay on top of all your munchkins' developmental needs? Head on over to your BabyG App today, and get complete access to 1000+ Development Activities, Milestones and Growth Reports, Meal Plans, Recipes, Bedtime Stories, Tips and a Global Community of like-minded parents.